Sub Topic: Chapter 1 expressions of Greeting, Leave-taking, Thanking and Apologizing
I. Read the text carefully and answer the questions!
1. Riri : Andin, it’s time to go to sleep
Andin : ......
a. Good night c. Good morning
b. Good bye d. Good afternoon
2. Mitha :How are you, rina?
Rina : .......
a. Fine thanks c. Bye , thanks
b. Sure, thanks d. See you
3. Daughter : Let me help you to plant flowers, Papa!
Father : You are so kind, dear. ...................................
a. You are kind too. c. Have a nice dream
b. Thank you. d. Good bye.
4. Mother : Tony, did you break (memecahkan) a glass this morning?
Tony : ......, mama
a. No problem c. It’s allright
b. I’m sorry d. Good bye
5. A : I have to go to practice dance now........
B : See you too.
a. Hi c. How are you?
b. See you d. Are you oke
II. Match the expressions in column A with the correct responses in column B!
1. I think I should be going on my way now
2. See you tomorrow, students.
3. Morning, Candra. How are you?
4. You are so kind. Thank you.
5. I’m sorry. I broke your Calculator
a. See you tomorrow, Sir
b. My pleasure
c. I should get going, too. Bye
d. Don’t worry about it
e. Morning, Anisa. I am very well, thankyou
III. Complete the dialogs based on these expressions!
1. Expressions of greeting
A: Hello, how are you doing?
2. Expressions of leave-taking
B: Nice to meet you, too.
3. Expressions of thanking
A: Thank you very much
4. Expressions of apologizing
A: ____________________. I forgot to bring your dictionary
IV. Rearrange the sentences below into a good dialog!
1. Tika : We are fine thank you. And you?
2. Sucy : Hi, Tika. Hello, Rendy. I’m Sucy. How are you?
3. Tika : Hi, I am Tika. This is Rendy
4. Sucy : I’m very well, thankyou. Nice to meet you
5. Rendy : Nice to meet you too, Sucy